Sunday, August 9, 2009

And so it begins

Tomorrow (okay so I guess now it's today), I'm leaving on a road trip. Despite the fact that I'm not asleep yet, which I very well should be, I'm pretty much ready to go. The car is even all packed and everything. Look at me breaking Sorensen family road trip tradition. I know you're looking forward to following Ali and I as we traipse across the country; don't even try to hide it.

Incidentally, do you know what I think of when I think of road trips? Yep, I think of this:

Do ya need a break from modern livin'?
Do ya long to shed your weary load?
If your nerves are raw
And your brain is fried
Just grab a friend and take a ride
Together upon the open road

There's nothin' can upset me
'Cause now we're on our way
Our trusty map will guide us straight and true

Every day another new adventure
Every mile another new zip code
And the cares we had are gone for good

I've got no strings on me
I'm feelin' fancy-free
How wonderful to be
On the open road!

Anybody else remember what it's from?

4 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

ali? as in ali williams?

Lindsay Anne said...

No, not Ali Williams. That's my London Ali friend. This is Ali Warcup, my Ali friend since freshman year. I actually only have two Ali friends (or in other words friends named Ali), but they are under Ali and London Ali in my phone. Now you know way more than you needed to.

A Jew and an Ex-Mo Go To South America said...

A Goofy Movie, of course!

Erin said...

Laura beat me to it...