Monday, June 14, 2010

Pavlov Works



Case in point:

Yesterday evening I was watching a movie, during the course of which a phone rang. Now that alone is not at all abnormal. What was strange, however, was my reaction. Truthfully, I wasn't paying all that much attention to the movie, but as soon as I heard the phone the words "Dane, Falb, Stone" sprang into my mind. Confused? That is how I answer the phones at work (it's the name of our firm). And here we have proof, at last, that I can be trained.

At least I don't salivate.

PS if I ever answer the phone that way when you call, I apologize. But clearly it's not my fault. It's Pavlov's.

2 comments:

Amy-Alisa said...

Funny. I once answered the phone "Dear Heavenly Father", what does that say about me?

Andrea said...

Whenever I'm super tired and the phone rings I have to concentrate on not saying, "Missionaries- Sister Hunter." Usually only when I'm really exhausted though... thanks, mission.