Thursday, November 4, 2010

Everybody has their level

Now that I've typed that, I can't quite remember who said it. Mr. Elton? (Nor, actually does it have anything to do with anything I'm about to write about). As always, I'm writing about me. In general I do not consider myself an artsy person and certainly not an artsy craftsy person. I just don't have the confidence to do things imperfectly and I don't have the skill to do it perfectly. There is one thing, however, that I have learned to do. Remember the Olivia blanket I made for Maggie last year? I have since made two others, one for baby Nicholas, one for baby Ratelle. Unlike the one for Maggie, which was predicated on my whim, these blankets each had specific objectives. The blanket for baby Nicholas (the son of one of my mission companions in case you were wondering) was jungle themed to match his nursery. That was pretty easy to find/do. But the Ratelle's provided a whole new challenge level. First of all, they chose to wait and not find out their baby's gender. Okay, I thought, there are gender neutral colors. But then they upped the difficulty level: no yellow or green. Well, I'd like to think I rose above the challenge. (Hopefully you'll get that joke when you scroll down)

Anyway, here for your viewing pleasure is my one and only handicraft skill. My level if you will. I'm a little proud. Can you tell?

Maggie's
(Yes, again. I mean really, who doesn't like Olivia)

Nicholas's
(I forgot to take a picture with my camera and had to use Photobooth.)
(Incidentally, that's my office in the background if you've ever wondered what it looked like)

Baby Ratelle's
(I know I'm biased because I chose it and its my handiwork, but I think it's pretty adorable.)



So what this all really means is that when you have a baby you may well be receiving a blanket from me and it will most likely have pigs on it. Tell me you're not excited about that!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love flying pigs. I own two flying pig hats. I think you should move away from making pig blankets and into making flying pig hats. That would be awesome and I would probably buy one, and if you are as good with hats as you are with blankets then they will be fabulous.

Amy-Alisa said...

You owe me four pig blankets. And those are all excellent fabrics.

lulu123 said...

it was elton.

Brittmae said...

I love it! I know we are difficult..but Lindz..you rose to the occasion, like I knew you would. Can't wait to wrap Baby Ratelle in it....seriously can't wait and am looking at natural induction techniques right now instead of paying attention to tax law...miss you..and Happy B-Day!!