Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Senior Junior Companion

Dear Friends and Family,

Well it's been a weird week. I was totally caught off guard by transfers. I was just kind of in a state of shock that whole day and kind of wandered from room to room of our apartment offering to help as Sister Rowlands efficiently packed up all her stuff. Every once in a while I would say something like "Well what about Sister Burton, she'll be so sad" and Sister Rowlands would reassure me that she'd be fine. And then "What about the fireside?" and Sister Rowlands would remind me that it was pretty much already taken care of. Which was true. But yes I get to put on a fireside this Sunday. It should be good though.

Sister Ah Puck is really nice. She's very sweet, quiet, and soft spoken. Quite the change from Sister Rowlands who was a real fireball. I can already notice the change in myself as a missionary. I'm much bolder. In fact I think all but one of our OYMs last week were mine. That's quite the change. It is weird being the one who has to figure out and explain how to get everywhere. I just felt like I was the Senior Companion all last week because I had to plan every day and make most of the decisions, even today. And I'm still just a Greenie.

There isn't too much to report though. The work goes on. I'm kind of worried about one of our investigators, but I am doing all that I can do. Another one of our investigators has just about set a baptism date, but its not definite. We had interviews with President Perry last week and I found out that he is trying to open up more Sisters areas north of Roseville. He also said that he was trying to put all the sisters with cars, that will be nice for the summer. Yesterday it was 88, and its only March. I am not looking forward to August.

Anyway here are some pictures as promised. There is one of the Ostriches we met tracting, sadly they don't count as OYMs. And there are a few of our district from the MTC. I just haven't taken that many pictures. (Pictures will be posted as soon as Mom figures out how to do it--JHS)

No comments: