Monday, March 19, 2007

Tom is Dead

Dear Family and Friends,

Yes, the sad but inevitable has happened. Sister Burton's 22-year-old cat, Tom, died last week. We happened to decide to stop by just on the day he was diagnosed (as dying imminently) and then just after he actually died. Sister Burton is pretty heart broken--which is sad because she is just about the cutest and sweetest old lady ever--but I think she'll manage. After all, she still has at least 9 raccoons to feed every night. On a side note, Sister Ah Puck saw her very first raccoon last week at Sister Burton's and was quite thrilled.

In other news? I'm not really sure what other news there is. Most of our appointments last week fell through which is disappointing and consequently meant that our numbers were quite low. Even our Burro and Llama count has been down significantly. Alas. But we keep meeting more and more of the people off the ward list whom we didn't know and I suppose that is good.

The weather has continued in the upper 80s, which I frankly do not appreciate so early on in the year. It was supposed to rain today, but luckily it did not as we had to wash our car for Zone Conference Car Inspections on Wednesday. But I welcome the rain back at any time. Most locals still insist they think it will rain all April, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The only other event of interest (I use the term loosely as I just gave you a weather report) is that Sister Ah Puck and I put on our very first fireside last night. I was pretty nervous about whether or not it would actually come out--particularly in the hour before hand. The fireside had been Sister Rowland's idea and she had written the first part of it before she was transferred and arranged for several musical numbers. Then I wrote the rest of it, delegated parts and invited everyone we met. The end result was that we probably had about 35-40 people tops and only three non-members but it turned out really nice. The people we asked to read the parts and to sing were just perfect and I was sad that more people hadn't come and brought their friends and neighbors.

Anyway that is it, things are pretty slow in Palo Cedro.

Love,
Sister Sorensen

No comments: