Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Viola and Beyond!

Dear Family and Friends,

Well this week we had Zone Conference. I don't know, this may be bad, but Zone Conference is my favorite day of each transfer. It was particularly exciting as it was in Chico so we got to drive for a while--the fact that we used 140 miles round trip was not so exciting--plus we also tied for first place in Deep-clean Inspection and won car inspection (I think that is because we were the first ones to arrive, plus it also probably had to do with the excellent tire pressure maintenance by a certain junior companion). I also was called up to do one of the 3 minute talks on Obedience. And wouldn't you know I had lost my talk! Nevertheless and notwithstanding I think I gave a creditable talk on Obedience.

The other exciting thing about last week is that one of the dear Sisters in our ward went adventuring with us and we not only made it all the way out to Viola but we went beyond it and had lunch at Lake Manzanita which is at the very furthest point of our area (well at least in area 4). It started to snow while we were there too--just barely--and Sister Ah Puck was pretty excited. So we tracked down some more less actives including figuring out the Towers brothers (they are twins who live way out there and are both less active).

Congratulations to Meg for her Solo Festival accomplishments! I bet it is because I went out to Viola (Vie-O-luh), but her practicing might have had something to do with it.

Love,
Sister L. Sorensen

No comments: