Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas!

Dear Family and Friends,

Surprise! I thought I'd send you all your letter today early, just to surprise you! Actually, the mission changed their minds about our phone calls and so I had to write today to inform the family. Now you all will have a suspenseful holiday weekend wondering did Sister Sorensen get transfered or not? And if so, where is she now? And, since that is the case would anyone who chooses to write me this week write me through the Mission Office since it is uncertain where/if I might go. To be completely honest, I don't know who is going, but personally I think I'm staying and that Sister Kawasaki will move on despite her urgent wishes to stay; but I can see some reason for President Perry to leave her here, so I just don't know.

This was a crazy week. We had to make a lot of preparations for a double baptism this weekend. But the baptism did go forward despite many, many things which just happened to happen and cause hitches. Including, the fact that the Lincoln 1st and 3rd Elders did not inform us that their 2:00 baptism had been moved elsewhere, which is how we planned to get into the building and have the font already filled. But we managed to get into the building and break into the font after several frantic calls to the missionaries in Rocklin to get the correct keys and Sister Kawasaki's resourcefulness (she opened the door into the font through the women's bathroom with a nickel) and had our baptism only an hour late with the water only half as warm as we would have liked. I'll save any more interesting details for tomorrow.

Other exciting events of last week: we actually were able to have two lessons with investigators we picked up the week before; return appointments that actually went through! Also we found one investigator and one good potential investigator last week and had 3 investigators at church!

I hope you all have a great Christmas Eve!

Love,
Sister L. Sorensen

PS Grimshaws thanks for the package, I haven't opened it yet though, so I'll have to write more specific thanks next week

No comments: