Wednesday, January 2, 2008

. . .and a Happy New Year!

Dear Family and Friends,

I hope you all had lovely holidays and a great time was had by all. I have to say that we enjoyed ourselves pretty well. Our week was a little different but pretty good.

On Monday it was kind of a weird day for missionary work. We were asked to proselyte all afternoon and evening by appointment only--and I have to tell you it was hard to set up enough appointments. I understand that it is a busy day, but I would have thought more ward members would be willing to have us over for 45 minutes or so. But we did have some good visits in the end. We were able to spend time with two of our favorite families on Tuesday--as well as make our phone calls home which found all well. I also introduced Sister Kawasaki to "The Worth of Souls" video out of the church library and she got to see all of those movies, including Johnny Lingo, for the first time. I don't know what she thought of Johnny Lingo, but she quite liked "The Gift." Wednesday we got our transfer calls and I very much surprised Sister Kawasaki when I told her she was getting transfered. I tried to warn her that it was the most logical outcome, but she handled it pretty well. Thursday I got my new companion and we had a really great lesson with one of our newer investigators. He is the husband in a part member family and he really does think he wants to be baptized, but he wants to make sure that he is doing it for himself and not just for his family. Friday our lesson appointment cancelled at the door because he was not feeling well, but because he cancelled we happened to walk back up the street to our car and were able to stop and OYM a guy and ended up picking his son up as an investigator the next day. Apparently the son has taken some of the lessons in the past, so that seems pretty promising as well. It was a nice reminder that there is always a bright side to every cancelled appointment. We also met a man this weekend while we were tracting who told us as soon as he opened the door that Mormons are going to save the world, and then welcomed us to come back next weekend and talk with him a little more. So while we did have a slow lesson week--as many people were out of town--there are still good things going on in Lincoln.

Next week's adventures: How will we manage our appointments on Saturday without a car--especially when we need to get to the church for Chapel Tours and the church is several miles out of our area? I guess you'll find out in the next installment. I hope you all enjoy the first part of 2008 and is it really possible that I've hit my year mark? That is a truly scary thought.

Love,
Sister L. Sorensen

No comments: