Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day Six

Dear Family and Friends,

How has your week been? Well I hope it has been more productive than mine! I shouldn't complain. We had some very, very good lessons last week with great member participation. But, there is always a catch. Sister Rollins woke up Thursday feeling like she had recently "been hit by a semi in the face." While I'm not sure of the grammar there, that is a direct quote. So we stayed in "for the morning" to see if she'd be feeling better by the evening so we could go to our teaching appointment. By 4:00 it was very clear she was not going to be feeling better, so we had to call and cancel dinner and while I was in the middle of trying to make arrangements to go on exchanges so we could get to our lesson our investigator called to reschedule. Well that was good luck I thought, surely Sister Rollins will be feeling better by Saturday night. Friday night she was still out of sorts so I made some last minute calls and headed out for our appointments. Saturday we were inside all day again, but luckily Mary was able to stay home again with Sister Rollins and I went to our lesson. It was a good lesson too. We had to call and cancel our talks on Sunday because the nurse ordered us to stay home. And honestly by the end of the 4th day stuck inside I was feeling very, very unproductive. On top of all that, this week we found out that we had to hand over two of our progressing investigators who wanted to get baptized to our District Leader and his companion (the Spanish Elders) because, and this still just kind of irritates me, Sister Rollins is too pretty. Okay, so there are actually some legitimate concerns--with details I can't elaborate on--but it still just kind of kills me to have to just hand them over when I've been teaching them from the very beginning.

So what did we do Monday? Ah yes, we stayed home. I finished reading the New Testament from Hebrews-Revelation, wrote a few letters, took care of my companion, and then read 100 pages of Jesus the Christ. Well yesterday Sister Rollins actually felt a lot better, so we decided to try to go to District Meeting today after all she's been in the house for 5 straight days. In less than an hour she was feeling 10 times worse and we had to come home. At this point I made a Doctor's appointment for her myself because it was just getting too ridiculous. The verdict? She has some sort of virus and will most likely be sick for ANOTHER WEEK! So we'll see how much studying I get done, I can probably finish Jesus the Christ at this point. I really, really hope I can call around to our investigators and get some appointments set up. And exchanges.

As for the questions about transfers. This is week 5 for us, so Two weeks from today I might transfer. I don't know. But this puts me at 4 and a half months in Lincoln and I have previously transferred areas at this point. So we'll see if tradition holds or not. There are two new Sisters coming into the mission and 1 leaving, which means a threesome and we all know that out of the last 3 threesomes I've been in two of them. So that is a possibility, but they can't have one here because we have no space in our room.

Love,
Sister L. Sorensen

No comments: