Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Warming Up!

Dear Family and Friends,

Well Sister Rollins thinks it is absolutley freezing here (it has typically been in the 40s or 50s) but last week we only had to tract in the rain once! That made her at least a little happier, I try to be understanding but I honestly so much prefer it to the summer--nice farmer's tan aside--that I am not entirely sympathetic. But things last week were interesting. I was super sad because we had another 0 finding week and our OYMs were very, very low but we honestly almost always walk the long way just so that we can get OYMs that I can't hold myself too accountable for people not being out last week. But we did have some good lessons complete with some really great member participation. And, most excitingly, we actually took 4 families on chapel tours--and one family was a non-member family we just started teaching. She's a single mom who we met tracting and she and her boys came to church on Sunday and managed sitting through sacrament meeting very well despite her worries about bringing her "wild" boys (she was very comforted to note that the primary of 160 plus nearly 80 nursery kids made their presence heard). So it pays to have a loud ward! And our standing room only--we had 590 people at Sacrament last week--dipped down to 400 people or so which meant everyone had seats even if some of them were sitting on the stand. Oh well, I think it kind of makes Sacrament Meeting more interactive to have people sit up on the stand.

Last week we also had Zone Conference. It has been a very, very long time since our last one and it was so helpful. Sister Rollins and I came away with so many great ideas on how to help our investigators progress. Now, I am sad to say that we are really, really struggling to get someone ready to be baptized this month; but we will persevere and I am sure that the Lord will provide a way (1 Nephi 3:7). It just doesn't seem like it is going to be our fun Australian investigator as he is heavily involved in his training for being a global fighter or something or other--the airforce terminology loses me. But, I very much feel that he will be baptized, maybe next month . . . . Another very important event incident to Zone Conference is that Sister Rollins and I won 1st place in car inspections. The sad thing is I feel that our car was probably least deserving of it this week than at any other car inspection as we simply did not have enough time to give it the detailing I usually invest. But we won a nice bag of trail mix which Sister Rollins has very nearly finished (and we won it on Friday).

Anyway we continue to work hard and we hope to have great things happen this week!

Love,
Sister L. Sorensen

No comments: