Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Grounded!

Dear Friends and Family,

Well last week was pretty slow--especially in the teaching lessons with a member present area, or with members generally. But we did find two new investigators in Lincoln 2nd which was exciting. They may just be baptist bashers, I'm not sure because I wasn't at the return appointment. But apparently Sister Methot and Sister Curtis spent 2 hours talking to them on Saturday.

So what did we do last week if things were slow? We actually spent a lot of time splitting up and doing double visits. That is definitely one reason why I love being in threesomes because that is so much easier to do. We did have some good visits with members, just not nonmembers. Friday Sister Curtis and I had to drive up to Gridley for Trainer/Trainee while Sister Methot went to go work with the Sisters in Orangevale for the day. The meeting was pretty good, much smaller than the other ones I've been to because not as many missionaries came out in this group. It was kind of fun to have a more "intimate" group and training meeting with President and Sister Perry. In fact during lunch President Perry came to sit at our table and he fielded some of the Elders' doctrinal questions and that was interesting to sit in on too. President Perry also told me "not to get sick" so I'm working on that one.

The other big event of last week was that at Trainer/Trainee Sister Perry took one look at me and "grounded me" for Saturday. I have to admit I was pretty piqued to be told I could not go out; I think it's because it meant I had to be "babysat" ALL DAY by one of the 75 year old ladies in the Dry Creek ward who I really didn't know. I was pretty dubious when she gave me a cheese sandwich on cinammon, raisin, walnut bread. But you know, it was surprisingly good.

I also got to make my first mission trip to the Doctor's today (also per Sister Perry's request). It was kind of fun though, because the doctor's office is the one where lots and lots of missionaries go and so the nurse and doctor were fun and easy to talk to. I also learned that I have good blood pressure, that I've lost a little weight since I haven't really had an appetite (and thus haven't eaten much) for the last 3 weeks, and I am legitimately 5'5 tall--no rounding necessary. Then they took 4 tubes of blood out of me which was pretty interesting to watch as well. But I'll get all my blood tests back next week so we'll find out anything and everything then.

I hope you're all having a great week. Oh and to keep up with Elder Sorensen, I am currently on my 4th area (Antelope counts right?) and 10th companion. That's pretty good for a Sister.

Love,
Sister L. Sorensen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no way your are 5'5"