Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mono on the Brain

Dear Family and Friends,

Sister Methot, Sister Curtis, and I are having a blast together--rest assrued we are also working as hard as we can given the necessary travelling arrangements. But one of our favorite jokes this transfer, and yes this is slightly irreverant, is explaining away the silly, unexpected, dysfunctional, or random things I have done because I have mono brain. Well last week I was actually feeling very much like I had a little more than mono on the brain.

Okay, there is a factor of paranoia here, but Sister Perry sent me several articles on the symptoms of mononucleosis and I couldn't help but notice that indeed I had been experiencing many of the less common symptoms. But I was determined that I could and would push through whatever it was and I would NOT tell any of the mission nurses. But by Friday, which was Zone Conference and typically one of my favorite days of the transfer, I was really fighting hard. I will freely admit it is the most physically tired I'd ever felt as well as a combination of mental wear down (but perhaps I can blame some of this on trying to figure out how to balance two areas' finding, ward, and investigator needs). My left eye has been twitching in the most annoying way for 10 weeks now and I was particularly perturbed by that on Friday, after all that seemed something that I should be able to control. So after lunch at Zone Conference I went to ask Sister Perry about what she knew about eye twitches. She didn't really know much, but promised to look it up for me before I see her at the end of this week. What was less comforting, however, is that by the end of the conversation she turned to me and told me I did not look at all well and that I was "ordered" to take naps. Oh, that always makes you feel good!

But, before anyone gets too worried, here is the rest of the story. By Saturday night I was really feeling very, very tired and completely worn out and awful so kind Sister Methot called and asked the Zone Leaders to come and give me a blessing. I'll admit I kind of follow the philosophy of "I should get better on my own," but it was really a wonderful blessing. I'd had an absoltely killer headache which was making me extremely nauseous when the blessing started and it was completely gone by the time we finished. And as of today I'm still tired, but I am feeling so, so much better. It was a nice little faith promoting experience to feel such comfort from what Heavenly Father had to say to me.

So it is onward and upward. It looks like the three of us will be doing the balancing act of the two wards for the rest of the transfer. I'm actually all right with that because I love both of my companions and I didn't want to lose either one of them. I hope you are all doing well!

Love,
Sister L. Sorensen

No comments: