Tuesday, February 19, 2008

To All Those Folks in Rio Linda!

Dear Family and Friends,

I guess Rush Limbaugh used to give shout outs to Rio Linda, I don't really know not having been a big Rush fan, but that's where I've been spending plenty of my time the past couple of weeks. So I'm still in a threesome and we are still travelling back and forth between our two areas. In one way this means that we are always very busy, but in another it means we sometimes spend an awful lot of time just driving back and forth in the car! Actually until today we were juggling between two cars switching off each day so we didn't put too many miles on either one, but today they took one back because some Elder broke his wrist this weekend and can't ride his bike in his cast. I admit this is somewhat a relief since I didn't want to have to clean two cars for car inspections this Friday; but it also means we won't have the satisfaction of at least trying to get both 1st and 2nd place in the car inspections.

Last weekend was a little stressful. We were checking on less actives, investigators, and potential investigators on Thursday and set up a lesson appointment with one potential investigator Sister Kawasaki and I met tracting way back on December 23rd for Friday at 1:00 in Lincoln. The problem being that we had an appointment on that same Friday at 4:00 and another at 5:00 in Elverta, and then another set of Lincoln appointments at 7:00 and 8:00 at night. Now from my Palo Cedro days it kills me to have to drive back and forth like that, but what am I going to do, turn down an appointment with an investigator? Surely not. I tried to get an exchange to just take me up to Lincoln, but that didn't work out. So in the end we drove up to Lincoln for Friday Morning Planning and the appointment (which he wasn't there for by the way), then back down to Elverta/Antelope where our 4:00 appointment also cancelled (after we'd spent an hour during planning making phonecalls to get a member to go with us), then as we were a little late heading in to our 5:00 appointment our 7:00 appointment called to reschedule. We still had to drive up to see the McKinney's however, and their appointment went very well. So 2/4 wasn't so bad.

Well then by Friday night we had to make arrangements to get rides because we forgot Saturday was our "no car" day. But rides to and from Lincoln as well as to a member's home where we were to teach our Lincoln lesson actually came surprisingly easy. But we still had to wake up at 5:30 to clean our apartment for an unexpected Saturday apartment check (usually they are on Mondays). I can tell you I was very glad when that day was finally over!

Okay, so this is kind of a "down" letter, but please just know that Sister Curtis, Sister Methot, and I are working hard. Even if I suspect that occassionally Sister Methot and I scare Sister Curtis--when you get two Easterners together, you had better watch out as to what will happen! I hope you are all enjoying this year's Skunk Mating Season--it is pungently underway in our neck of the woods!

Love,
Sister L. Sorensen

P.S. Notable facts about Rio Linda: one of its famous landmarks is a gas station with an extremely large cow on top, and it has a very large random arch at one of the central four-way stops. Yep, that's pretty much it!

1 comment:

Miss K$ said...

She is such an amazing girl.