Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Something in the Air

Dear Family and Friends,

It is kind of funny to hear about Elder Sorensen's cold--not that his being sick is funny--because I had a nasty, nasty cold last week too. I was fighting off some symptoms for a few days which I had attributed to "allergies" but Tuesday I crashed. It is kind of funny because I even had gotten a blessing that morning at District Meeting. But when I laid down at lunch I remember thinking that I never wanted to move again. I did have to get up, however, because my cough was getting bad enough that lying down made it really bad. But then I started to have serious chills and simply felt awful--even though all I kept telling my companions was "It's just a cold"-- so Sister Fultz and Sister Pfau (pronounced "Fow" rhymes with cow but actually means peacock) called around and got me a "babysitter." Then I gave in and called the mission nurse on Wednesday and she put me on Mucinex; so I plugged slowly along from there through the rest of the week. Sister Pfau was convinced I still had mono and anxious soul that she is even slyly asked me if I'd lied my way back into the mission. I assured her I had not. But all is on the mend at last, and I am feeling much, much better. So hopefully we'll be back on bikes a bit this week.

Other exciting news last week was that one of our investigators decided to get baptized and we managed to get all of the arrangements done for Friday at 5:00. She was really happy and so were the neighbors (members in a different ward) who had invited her to take the lessons in the first place. She got to the baptism late and she came late to church on Sunday (she'd been out of town Saturday, so we were definitely a little worried there) but all went well. We even are going to start teaching her daughter this week, so that will be great. Things seem to be going well here. Another investigator I'd picked up in Antelope in February is getting baptized on Saturday, but I won't be able to go. It's exciting though.

I hope you're all doing well!

Love,
Sister L. Sorensen

No comments: