Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bowling Stats

As you may or may not know, depending on how much I actually talk to you, I am taking a bowling class this semester. It's quite fun especially since I get to count it as fulfilling a GE requirement. But I have had my moments of doubt as to whether I could overcome my gimpdom. Particularly when my first class I only bowled like a 47. Ouch. In my defense, not only was I a gimp, but it was the first time I had been bowling in approximately 4-5 years. After a little more practice I was habitually scoring in the 80s with my "high" being 96. Now that's not all that stellar, but surely it was my, literal, handicap right? Well I went bowling on Friday with a new friend from my Art History class so I could get in some more practice; we split our games, both winning one, but I still didn't have very impressive scores. What I realized, however, was that I bowled better with an 11 pound ball.

Long story short (too late), yesterday I bowled a game of 134. I don't know where it came from, but I hope I can keep it going. The sad thing? Even the teacher was really surprised by that.

Side note, I noticed I walk better (ie less limping) in bowling shoes. Maybe I'll have to start a new trend.

No comments: