Friday, September 5, 2008

Identity Crisis

All summer--as I was completing the process to return to BYU--I suffered a bit of an identity crisis. First BYU told me I was a non-student. I don't know exactly what that means, but it can't be good. Perhaps I am incapable of learning? Or maybe I simply refuse? If that's the case, shame on me. But BYU seemed to come around and recognized me as a Senior by allowing me to register on the first day of registration. Following that, however, it (the unknown entity who sends me emails) seems to have had a lapse in concentration. All summer long I received NSO emails (New Student Orientation) because apparently I was a freshman. I reconciled myself to being a Senior Freshman; indeed there have definitely been times this week that I felt that way. Today I received a very different email. Today BYU informed me that in fact I am a BYU alumnus--technically shouldn't I be an alumna?

1 comment:

@emllewellyn said...

I also got that alumni email this week. It was confusing because I'm pretty sure it was the day after I got the email about graduation application deadlines.