Thursday, February 11, 2010

Careers in which I would not be successful

Nurse - I am so glad that there are people who can do this very worthy job, but I do not think that I have the compassion necessary to do some of the truly gross things their work requires for absolute strangers.

Librarian - I do enjoy making things orderly, alphabetizing, and reading. I do not enjoy it when people undo my organizing.

CEO - I am not competitive enough in/at times where it really counts. If we were being graded, maybe.

Public School Teacher - I never understood why my peers didn't do their homework. Sure it wasn't always fun, was sometimes boring, and did take effort, but it's just what you do. If you're a student that's your job. In other words: zero sympathy.

President of the United States - There are many reasons why I believe I would be a poor candidate for this job. None of them have to do with my being born outside the continental US. Nor am I entirely adverse to manipulating people, that can be good fun. But I am often apathetic about politics, I would be too tempted to tell everyone when/that they're being ridiculous, and really who needs the bother and public love/hate.

Meteorologist/Weather Person - I dislike being wrong.

How about you?

3 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

hahaha! this is funny.

the only one i can think of off the top of my head: construction worker. i loooooooooooooove construction type stuff. my dad is probably still upset i didn't become an engineer. however, i can't stand getting my hands dirty.

i guess that leads me to #2: plumber. :)

lulu123 said...

astronaut: all their food is freeze-dried and i don't even want to get into the details of how they relieve themselves...shudder...

Andrea said...

You are very convincing as to why you would not be qualified to do these jobs. I wish there were some kind of use for an anti-resume. B/c you would definitely get whatever job you- didn't? want.