Monday, September 13, 2010

Love Story

It all began with humoring my roommate.

A few weeks ago we discovered that our ward has what is known as "Super Cute Sunday." As you might guess, this is supposed to be the Sunday that everyone dresses to the nines to impress the newbies. Normally I'd blow something like that off, but Roommate has been working hard to up my other roommate's and my's profiles so she decided we needed to embrace this ready-made opportunity with some new bling. And so we went accessories shopping. I was able to pick up some awesome props for my role in the Ward Campout's Musical Revue next weekend (I'm playing a Saved by the Bell character, 10 points if you can correctly guess who). Roommate also mentioned getting some new shoes because, let's face it, I've been going for comfort and utility, not style for many a year now. Long story short, too late, I popped into DSW after the gym on Saturday. That's when, as I was getting ready to go, our eyes locked over the aisles.
Naturally, I had to try them on. Wouldn't you know they fit great and they're mighty comfortable. Unfortunately, I can't think of any conceivable reason why I need to own these shoes, and, believe me, I've tried.

Sigh.

There is that birthday not too far off. What if I put them on my list? Size 9.5. Of course your next question may be "where would I wear them?" but that's something to think about during happily ever after.

3 comments:

Amy-Alisa said...

Jessica Spano? "I'm so excited..." and you know the rest. Lindsay, while whimsical, I don't really think those shoes would meet "super cute Sunday" criteria. Maybe something a little more feminine? How about this:http://www.shoebuy.com/bass-glenbrook/355292/754528

Andrea said...

This will definitely help you write your love scene in your novel.

Lindsay Anne said...

Oh Amy, these weren't for Super Cute Sunday, they were just for my every day life.

Andrea, I think you're on to something. I can just write it as an extended metaphor comparing Nathan to shoes. I'm sure it will go over a treat.