Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Covering Two Wards

Dear Family and Friends,

Yesterday we had the great pleasure of attending 8 hours of meetings in the church building, listening to 6 talks, receiving the lesson on Chapter 9 of the Spencer W. Kimball manual twice (for the third and fourth time that I've heard that particular lesson, and singing 14 hymns--including #220 Lord I Would Follow Thee twice. Oh the joy of covering two wards! Well Sister Howard and I continue to work hard. I now know the area geographically pretty well. Once again we were able to find 5 new people to teach last week and had 42 OYMs (we could do better but between Zone Meeting, Interviews with the Mission President, and some service on Thursday we just weren't out and about on the street that much). This is rather better numbers than we ever had in Palo Cedro. But we still feel like we are struggling to learn all the ward members names and back stories; after all that is rather a lot of people!

I don't really know what else to say, and I am being rushed off the computer 15 minutes before my missionary time allotment is up. Thanks to everyone for the letters. Anne, don't worry about a Hindi OYM as it seems the quite substantial East Indian population here are mostly Sikhs/Punjabis.

Love,
Sister L. Sorensen

PS could someone send me some information about Sikhs and Punjabis? We are curious to know what their religious beliefs are. Also could someone send me the definition of anathema and harlequin? Those words have been bugging me.

No comments: