Friday, March 5, 2010

Book Recommendation

If you liked Hunger Games, the Roanoke Island story (as in the historical incident), Firefly, and/or Up than this book is for you. I know, I know those things aren't very much alike, but hey I have eclectic tastes and I bet you all do too. And if you read the book I think you'll know why I picked those things. Well maybe not Hunger Games, but this book was a real page turner just like that one and its set in the future and there are some really bad guys and I just like that book too (don't mind my conjunction). I would tell you more, but where would be the fun in that? Pretty much my entire writing class gave this a thumbs up and let me tell you that does not happen all that often. But here's the real question people, how am I going to get my hands on the sequel?

And while I'm at it, the week before we read A Northern Light which was very different but also something we all enjoyed. A historical fiction mystery set in the Adirondacks that include a line like unto "Emily Dickinson was a genius. A damn sneaky genius." If I'd even had any doubts up unto that point, I would have been won over then and there. I did not have any doubts, however.

3 comments:

lulu123 said...

ooo i like book recommendations. because one thing in life that i really need, is another book...

Catherine Elizabeth said...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the sequel is available at the public library, although you may have to put your name on the waiting list (that's life). I will assure you, The Ask and The Answer is worth that waiting list. Also, there's another cliff-hanger to the third book which we'll have to wait at least a year for, so there's no rush!
Another series to check out while you're waiting, William Nicholson's The Wind Singer trilogy.

Lindsay Anne said...

The only reason I doubted the Boston public library was because they only had a couple copies of the first book and the waiting list for them did not budge, but they do actually have more copies of its sequel. As for the third, I see that its due in the States in September so you may be right about waiting.