Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Internet Viking

As you know, I'm a poor graduate student. In debt up to my ears, crunched for time, and scrounging about for sleep. So I've released my inner Dane. That's right. I've turned to internet viking-cy.

Essentially, it's the same thing as internet piracy (of music infamy), but far less hackneyed and much more in line with my personal pedigree. It started with a school project here or there. A couple of weeks ago,I had to mastermind a modern publishing of Anne of Green Gables, complete with cover design, for my final project. So what was I, unartistic and penniless as I am, to do? I hunted the internet for inspiration and along the way I just happened to find the perfect illustration and a fun new font. The problem was, the font cost $59 dollars and it wasn't exactly something I'd be using day in and day out (if it had been I'd probably have justified the expense). But wouldn't you know that myfonts.com has a preview feature where you can see the phrases you need in each font. And wouldn't it just so happen that my laptop has a screen capturing program? So I admit it, I pillaged away.

But apparently my infamy does not stop there. Because I was blog hopping today and found a hilarious youtube video on the blog of a friend of a friend and so I plundered again, indiscriminately. Enjoy the fruits of my looting.



PS Is this what I'll sound like once I get my Master's in Children's Literature?

3 comments:

lulu123 said...

you know, i don't think the vikings were any more pillage-y than other medieval cultures...i just think they've gotten a bad rep.

Andrea said...

As long as I get to enjoy things like Where's Waldo read by mysterious German man, I support your pillaging endeavors.

Erin said...

I really really LOVE that video. It was awesome.