Wednesday, August 25, 2010

She'll be wet through when she returns*

Dear Weather,

Today I'm wearing my winter coat. It's August.

I know the Romans monkeyed around with the calendar and messed everything up and, consequently, things can get confusing for some one/thing who has been around for thousands of years. But 50 degree rainy weather is not appropriate in the summer. That kind of thing belongs in October. Sure August and October have both been the eighth month of the year, but the similarities end there.

So, could you do me a favor and bring the sun back for at least another few weeks? I don't like to squelch around until I can wear double layers. Then at least part of me might be dry.

Sincerely,

Me

* * *

Dear New England,

Did you notice I used the word wicked as an adverb tonight? Twice? Aren't you proud? Yeah, I thought so.

Me

* * *

Dear Reader,

Why yes, yes I do need to be writing chapters of my novel. How can you tell?

Me

* Quote Points. The picture's a hint, but really this should be easy.

2 comments:

joojierose said...

thank you for pointing that out, my dear.

(then mrs palmer brings her the second cup of tea just seconds after mr palmer had already done so. wha-what ang lee!)

hi lindz! reply to emails!

lulu123 said...

i'm so late to the game here. but i love me some 'house' too...