Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Antis and Authorities

Dear Family and Friends,

Last week we received a sign that President Perry truly has been called of God (okay so this may verge on the blasphameous for which I apologize). Last week he declared that our "Suit Season"--during which all missionaries must wear their suit coats all the time (and Sisters must once more don their knee-his and nylons)--would be starting on the 8th with the first day of Half Mission Conference and having a General Authority, Elder Lund, in the mission. Until November 7th we were still experiencing weather in the upper 70s, but on November 8th it cooled enough that wearing a blazer was almost comfortable and the weather continued to cool from there. If I had known that was all it was going to take, I would have asked him to declare Suit Season earlier. In other news, a new transfer has begun and Sister Kawasaki and I are staying put--perhaps to her chagrin. I also learned that instead of what I had heard about having a 5 week and a 7 week transfer, this transfer is going to last until December 27th--just two days longer--so we are staying put until Christmas.

Last week the work was kind of slow even if our schedule was pretty full. In fact last Thursday I was feeling a little put out because we were two hours behind schedule and I was irked that I was not going to be doing that much missionary work on my birthday, so at the end of our weekly planning I slipped off into one of the classrooms to say a little prayer that I could get unruffled. And then we took off to go about our work. I had forgotten the paper that I'd written down the visits I wanted to make on exchanges that night at our house so we had to go back and get it--annoying I thought, and a waste of miles, but as we pulled into the "neighborhood" I felt prompted to tract one of those streets instead. We began to knock doors and proceeded to get anti-ed again and again (always at my doors too) and I just had to laugh because despite these people's best efforts I kept feeling the spirit and even figured out one of our investigators concerns. It just goes to show you that Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways. So I enjoyed myself and had some good missionary experiences on my birthday.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Love,
Sister L. Sorensen

PS between Mom, Anne, and my friend Julianne I definitely do not need any more candy/sweets anytime soon. Good thing that there are always some Elders not too far away who I can pawn off some of the extra sweets to. I do appreciate the thought, though!

No comments: