Thursday, November 8, 2007

This canNOT be November!

Dear Family and Friends,

I keep trying to tell myself that this really is the month of November, the eleventh month of the year, but the consistent weather in the upper 70s and 80s is making that very difficult for my brain to grasp. That said this is going to be a short letter as today we have to: prepare for a lesson, move, shop, email, wash the car more thoroughly than it has ever been washed before, wax the car, travel to Roseville, have a song practice with the Sisters for Half Mission Conference, travel home from Roseville, eat dinner with a Part Member Family and convince the nonmember that all of his doctrinal questions really have been resolved, go to our lesson, come home, and finally set up our room. It's a little crazy.

As previously mentioned, however, today we are officially the first sisters in the mission to move into a member's house. We are living with a single, fairly recently reactivated lady who actually served her mission in the Rochester mission (and even served in Pittsford) some 20 years ago. It seems like it is going to be a good arrangement. I think Sister Kawasaki's favorite thing is that Sister Thompson has two dalmations--though she says she is going to miss the peacocks at our apartment.

As for this last week we did have some success finding, and had a great lesson with the family we are teaching. But our actual number of lessons was way down and I still can't figure out why. We stayed so busy! Oh well, I will continue to Pray Harder and Work Harder.

I hope you all have a great week. I am still trying to decide whether or not to tell the ward that it is my birthday this week. I don't think Sister Kawasaki is scheming anything, she is all too innocent and confused about most things. Oh, thank you to everyone who has written letters she gets very excited to receive them and I think she now officially thinks each one of you is the coolest people in the world.

Love,

Sister L. Sorensen

PS Here is my new address:

203 Hambledon Ct
Lincoln, CA 95648

That said, next Tuesday is transfers so please make sure that anything you send me will definitely arrive by Monday or send it through the Mission Office until you hear from me again. I highly suspect that we are both staying--but I've been wrong on transfer predictions many times before.

No comments: