Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving Already?

Dear Family and Friends,

I can hardly believe that it is time for Thanksgiving already! Well the work continued this week. Somehow or other I always feel slightly disappointed when things stay the same--no matter how much I like my companion. Where's the fun in that? Though I bet Elder Sorensen would kind of wish that he would have one companion for more than 6 weeks at a time--or maybe not. Anyway last week seemed pretty slow. We had very few lessons--I have been trying so hard to get our lesson numbers up for weeks now, but someone--or some two or three people--always fall through or cancel at the last minute! We also had another 0 finding week which is so sad! I know that there is potential out there, but it just has not been coming to fruition lately. It is a bit frustrating when I want so badly to be able to do what I know is possible--to reach finding and teaching numbers which I have reached in the past--and not have it happen. But we did have some good lessons last week, we are going to have a baptism this weekend, and we are looking at being able to have 4 next month (though at that point we are going to need to do some serious finding because that is pretty much our entire "reliable" teaching people--that is if you can count some fairly flaky people as reliable). But there is so much potential in this ward that there are definitely bright points.

Another bright point was a brief visit from the former Sister Howard yesterday morning (ie my third companion, the one who went home in August). She was in town for a wedding and popped in at Stake Conference. Her visit was just the thing to lift my spirits a bit and make me want to try harder and be better! So we'll see what this week will bring us!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Love,
Sister L. Sorensen

No comments: