Friday, April 23, 2010

Beatrix Potter Brings the World Together

l
Literally.

This afternoon I held the copy of Beatrix Potter's The Tailor of Gloucester that Queen Victoria hand signed and sent to her granddaughter Olga Romanov. So basically I read the same book that Anastasia read (provided that Olga shared of course, which you never know . . . ). So if we were playing Six Degrees does that mean I could claim a connection to the British Monarchy? I'm going to say yes. Though in all honesty the first thing I thought when the Harvard Research Librarian was introducing the book was "that belonged to a murdered child." Maybe I'm spending too much time with my Forensic Anthropologist roommate.

Oh Beatrix Potter, yet another reason to love you.

2 comments:

lulu123 said...

but she was murdered! it's crazy!

Melanie Burk said...

who was murdered? I missed that. But yes, Lindsay, I think that makes you famous.. or soon to be famous.