Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Holi

Meg is in the second row on the right, diagonal from Tate


It's that time of year again. Here's what happened this time around.

  • The Thomasons and I attended the BYU Gamelan concert in the Pavilion at the Hare Krishna temple.
  • I searched through thousands upon thousands of people to find my friends, and actually did find them (as well as a lot of other people I knew). Ah, I remember how there were only about 100 people, or less, the first time I went to Holi.

This picture really doesn't even do it justice. It was absolute madness. Some people drove down from Idaho to attend.

  • I was coerced, literally, into selling some of my previously purchased colors to complete strangers and earned all of my money back in the process.
  • Ali and I drove down to Payson (to avoid the traffic trying to get on the freeway in Spanish Fork) where we stopped at the Daily Freeze and I ended up getting dinner for free.

All in all, a good day (despite the hordes).



What did you do to welcome in the spring?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you explain the sudden explosion in interest in this event?

Lindsay Anne said...

Well personally I say its because my friends and I have done a fabulous (which in retrospect was too fabulous) job of telling people how fun it is and explaining about why we're multi-colored every year--we typically get quite strange looks when we're walking around afterwards.