Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Smitten

Copenhagen, Denmark

I've often discovered that I'm a little slow on the uptake, but today I discovered a fantastic use of google. On Google Maps you can not only look at maps of the world(including individual countries, counties, and even streets) but you can also see some absolutely gorgeous photographs. I am quite literally smitten. And thus my willpower to do my take home test is sliding quickly away. . .

Go to maps.google.com and type a place in (I think starting with countries is the easiest way to start getting cool pictures). Then click on one of the photos in the menu on the left for photos of the entire world to begin popping up. Enjoy.

Here are some of my favorites so far:

Richmond, England


Ukraine


England


The Lake District, England

Bosnia-Herzegovina


Hungary


London, England


Morocco

Now I know where my next dozen desktop backgrounds are coming from.

Editor's note: In case you're wondering about the pictures' names/labels (if you click on them to get bigger views, for instance) please be aware that those are just the names I gave them as I downloaded them so I could remember and differentiate between them. Yes, clearly I think of movies far too often.