Tuesday, March 31, 2009

On the Southwestern Front

Last week instead of sending a conventional letter to my brother who is currently serving as a missionary in the Texas San Antonio Mission, I sent him a copy of my "Technology Tantrums." As opposed to most of my letters, he responded immediately. Here's what he said:

What you really need to do is enlist some guerrilas in their own ranks. Try recruiting from the dissatisfied Bourgeouis technology that most rebellion movements snub, perhaps a foot massager or iPod. If I have learned anything from Risk (which as we all know has limitless practical strategic applications), this will be how you attain complete victory and utter subjection of your techno slaves.
Con Amor,
Élder Sorensen

Personally, I found it a tad creepy how similarly we think.

And, secondly I want to know how someone would go about recruiting an iPod to join forces with them. I'm pretty sure mine would, if I could just figure out how to reason with it.

No comments: